Monday, July 7, 2008

Savoring My Ultimate Dream


The mixture of creamy milk. The hints of bittersweet mocha. The yin and yang of contrasting flavors. The long slurp to enjoy. The whipped cream settled on top of a perfectly blended drink.

My Ultimate Dream.

I enjoy it surrounded by a magazine page that reads “optimism” and a postcard which spells “best.” I think about my happiest thoughts, my grandest visions and my wildest goals.
At one sip, I seem to be far from the sweet and flavorful core of life’s peak and the best of success.
At another sip, I encounter a tinge of bitter morsel which puts a pause to the creaminess I enjoy… as if the little bumps in life and bits of silly mistakes which slow me a bit in my smooth driving in the course of life.
I think about the Physics exams I failed. The writing class I dropped. The relationship I stayed in even if it sucked….

I sip some more savoring in my tongue the sweet and bitter taste exchange. I gulp and finish the entirety left with the sweet and fluffy remnants of the whip which sank at the bottom. It has already blended with the last sip of the mixture.
I think about exploring Hollywood… Wine-tasting in Napa… Safari at South Africa… Street salsa nights at Mexico… Night strolling at the illuminated streets of Paris… Passing time while writing in the museums of New York… Basking under the sun in Tampa…. Resting at grass carpeted fields in rural Australia….
I get to taste my passion and feel my vision as I sit and enjoy my cup on my couch (which acts as if a time machine) at the Bean….

Every bit, delightful….

Aahh…. The ultimate dream….

No comments: