Thursday, March 20, 2008

Other fabulous discoveries last November

Paul Calvin's Deli.
They have a great selection of desserts and deli items. They also have an extensive Breakfast Buffet everyday. They also serve lunch, where pastas are a hit. But my favorite is Paul's Pastrami priced a little over a hundred.


Their huge deli platter was said to be the favorite munch item of the then pregnant GMA 7's host - Vicky Morales, who lives in Fort.

But for me, it is a great meet and greet place, especially on sunny days at the second floor, because the window glass allows a view of a pacifying greenery across the street. Not to mention, the place offers free wi-fi. Paul Calvin's Deli is located along Rizal Drive, the same street as the Bonifacio Stop Over (where the only gas station in Fort is located).


Basilio's Restaurant.

After a meeting at Net One, I chose to have lunch at the then on dry run Basilio's Restaurant. Because of the very cozy ambience of the resto which sits in the heart of the very urbanized Fort Bonifacio, I expected "cute food" (food that are priced extremely high, which are plated very well, but won't fill anybody's stomach). I was wrong after ordering their 50 Clove Chicken with Tomato Rice.
The flavors sat well on my tongue and the secret spices just tickled my tastebuds. It was very filling and the dining experience was absolutely fulfilling.


But no matter how full I was, I was not able to pass off a good cup of coffee. The virgin that I was with Illy coffee, it became my only choice. Indeed, I was very satisfied. A bonus with the great dining experience was a very welcoming and amusing Chef PV Valdez and a very attentive staff. In the end, I had to shell out around 500 bucks which I think was worth it.
Basilio's restaurant is along Rizal Drive (corner), near Furnitalia. They offer free valet parking service.

The very serene and relaxing Starbucks at McKinley Hill.
There are three favorite Starbucks locations on my list:
1. Starbucks at the third floor of Fully Booked Serendra
I love how very peaceful this place is especially that the al fresco seating by the balcony allows the view of a very organized community set-up. My artistic mood is always cultivated everytime I hang-out here.
2. Starbucks at McKinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio (along Lawton road, near Essensa, right beside the army headquarters)
Since not many people know about this location yet, this is the perfect place for my alone-time while sipping my favorite Hot Caramel Macchiato. The writer in me surfaces each time I spend time here. Compared to Katipunan (where I used to hang-out during my college days), parking is definitely better here.
3. Starbucks Tagaytay
Any Starbucks fan would have this on their list because a perfect hot cup of coffee is the best companion for Tagaytay's cool weather. Do we not all love a perfect pair? The lowdown of this site though, is the tendency of this location to be very overcrowded, especially by the outdoor seating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm. gotta try Basilios soon:)

Anonymous said...

You should... I just recently saw on Celebrity Hitlist - Phoemela Barranda naming it as one of her top three fave restos.

Although, the last time I tried their coffee, I think the filter has not been cleaned so old, burnt beans are left to make the new Illy cups being made taste bitter.