Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Do you know what I did this summer?

Here's a quick tip for a quick QC road trip you might want to do before summer officially ends.

1. Try the newly opened Zao Vietnamese Cafe at Eastwood Fuente Circle. Watching a concert by their al fresco dining area is one great thing to do before the rainy season kicks in.
How does Zao fare? Their food (Barbeque Spareribs is our favorite!) is better than my Tagaytay favorite - Bawai's. Although, Bawai's Vietnamese coffee fares better for me than Zao's version.
2. Check out the Corinthian Hills Weekend Market (7am-2pm Saturday and Sunday at Temple Drive, Quezon City, near the Mormons church) What makes this different from Salcedo or the Lung Center -QC area thing? Exhibitors are more on take home goodies, home accessories, meat, seafood and fresh produce. What makes this extra special? Their featured chefs and chef specialties. Chef Florabel Co's barbeque is the usual sold-out. Chef Hasset Go's Bread Pudding-Creme Brulee is my ultimate favorite! I look forward to weekends because of this dessert!

3. A cheap treat at Ted's Lapaz Batchoy at Ali Mall, Cubao. Ali Mall was the mall I knew when I was around seven, when Megamall did not exist yet. I went here recently to drop off our househelp at the bus station. For about a hundred pesos, my lunch sure satisfied me - a sisig, rice, batchoy and iced tea combo in one.

Watch out for more Weekend Market thrills and newest favorite Fort spots... in a week's time.

No comments: