Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bean-Discovering… Finding “passion”.

I hate alone-times.

Living life for the past half a decade with a regular companion by my side, doing things alone, especially when eating or hanging-out, is something I’m not used to doing.

Yet, after another relationship which didn’t work out, as all energy was sapped out of me, I decided to recharge and be in a relationship with MYSELF. A couple of times, I then again got derailed, being lured to believe that a “security blanket” exists in the form of a “bald-head big guy” a.k.a. “someone to watch over me.” The thought of having a “prince charming” or a “knight in shining armor” as part of my life storybook, is getting to be an unhealthy addiction. I had to quit.

My “rehabilitation” was spent on reading books, writing and doing some outreach. But to avoid withdrawal from this “cold turkey strategy”, I had to have a substitute.

So while trying to rediscover the things I love and do the things which please me, I went on a search to find a new companion. But since anybody from the male specie is not an option at this point, I had to find “the one” which would give the same experience as the passion of a lover, the sweetness of a boyfriend, the comfort of a soulmate, the uplifting of a sweetheart, and the inspiration of a partner.

Since I’m up for a change in aura, in lieu of bar-hopping, I’ve bean-hopping and I’ve bean-discovering. In a matter of time, I found “the one” – a perfect cup of “Tropical Passion Tea Latte.”

With this new partner around, I find joy even in just browsing magazines or day dreaming of the many “passions” I would soon fulfill… Uh, alone? Well, with my perfect cup, alone-times are to cherish.

No comments: