Tuesday, May 13, 2008

For a Last Summer Hurrah at Boracay

My long overdue must-try food places for a three-day trip at Boracay...

Day One:

1. Breakfast at English Bakery and Tea Room - Since we took the 5am Asian Spirit flight (yup... the pilot was good and it was a very convenient and safe flight... not to mention, we were comfortably seated next to Phoemela Barranda and Ira Cruz), we had a Boracay breakfast. Our trip was a last minute budget trip so we booked at a cheap resort at Station 3. EBTR was around 15 minutes walk from Station 3. I enjoyed my big breakfast, priced around 150 which came with any drink of choice.

I needed sugar-rush for the day so I ordered the choco peanut shake.... yum!


The food was worth it but for an English Bakery and Tea Room, I was expecting tea fusion selections, great bread and a good assortment of pastries. But there was none to my dismay. Anyway, the place was fair-looking. I enjoyed their map (which they sell for around 150 pesos) display though.



2. Lunch at Zuzuni - I did not enjoy my lunch at all (So why is this on my list? Read on). The shrimp gambas was so-so, the salad was very ordinary in a not-so-generous serving. I paid around 1,000 pesos for lunch which didn't satisfy me at all. I was expecting Cyma satisfaction (Yes, there is Cyma in D'Mall which I haven't located yet that time so I settled at Zuzuni located at the beachfront) to no avail. But, I must say, their Chocolate Sin is something I wouldn't mind eating everyday. Very divine! Their dessert tasted that perfect to my tastebuds that they were able to convince me to put their resto on my list. Their interiors are one of the bests in the island. The place is perfect for "pa-impress dates." :) (Unless your date is a food critic. ;)


3. Dinner and chilling-out at Nigi Nigi - The restaurant has an extensive offering, including buffet dinners at night. But I was caught by their "best burger" ad. Since I was angry for meat that time, I sat by the beachfront, drank my Bailey's, savored my big burger (Close to 2x bigger than Wham!) and finished my generous serving of fries all to myself. My bill was a little over three hundred pesos.


Day Two:
4. Breakfast at Lemon I-Cafe - I went here hoping to enjoy free wi-fi. Signal strength was low so I resorted to people-watching instead. But their bread and my breakfast was superb. I became too full that I skipped lunch. I sooo love their interiors! This is Boracay's Heaven and Eggs. I paid around 300 pesos for my big breakfast.







5. Cheap dinner, then dessert feast at Cafe del Sol and Halowich. My brother and I ate at a cheap joint (name we forgot... but it's near the MaƱana Mexican resto at Station 2). Our "ihaw dinner" plus canned softdrinks costed us a little over two hundred.



The cheesecake at Cafe del Sol located at the entry point (by the beachfront) of D' Mall tasted good. Although, I still like Miss Desserts and Secret Recipe's cheesecake better. It was as good as my favorite cheesecake at Burgoo and Jack's Loft. Halowich was a crowd-favorite. It was a unique treat but it was too fancy and forgetable for me.
Day Three:
6. Scrumptious breakfast at Real Coffee and Tea Cafe. I paid a little over four hundred pesos for the calamansi cupcake, their special coffee and their cheese-pesto melt sandwich. It was very filling that I had to take-out half of the sandwich.

Trivia:This place was actually transformed to the cafe-meeting place of Anne and Aga for the When Love Begins movie. This place is tucked inside the street next to Hawaiian Barbeque at Station 2.


7. Super filling lunch at Gasthof. Lunch costed around 700 pesos for my brother and I but servings were too plenty that we had to take home few slabs of ribs and the garlic kangkong home. This place is my brother's fave. I love their frothy iced tea! 'Twas perfect for the hot summer lunch time heat!

We plan to visit their newly opened branch at A.Venue Mall at Makati soon.

All in all, I spent around 6,000 pesos for my three days in Boracay which I used for island-hopping, food trip, massage, partial contribution to our accommodation and pasalubong galore (from D' Talipapa).


Definitely, not bad... the cheap getaway felt luxurious enough for me. I sure did not scrimp on
spoil (for me).

1 comment:

Boracay Hotels said...

Lovely photos. Where did you stay in boracay, is it great facilities there?



Tanya Gemarin